Why Volunteer at the IOOF?
Because we offer:
- Meaningful activities within the IOOF Community
- Skills development for youth
- A place to give back to the community
- And helping to serve over 500 people who will benefit from your time!
- Urgently Needed - Eating Assistance Program.
- Our Residents do need assistance not only getting to meals but during meal time – whether it be with reminders to eat or to help to feed them. Volunteers go through a special training program and are never partnered with a Resident who is at high risk for choking. This is a very fulfilling and key volunteer position.
Other possible volunteer duties:
- Read to a Resident who cannot see
- Assist on a bus outing
- Play cards
- One to one visiting
- Help with Manicures
- Deliver tea with the tea cart
- Assist at religious program
- Entertainment for Residents
Contact (705) 728-2389, ext. 338.